Tuesday, February 21, 2012

What's in a name?

This is a very simple project but I love the way it turned out.  I was browsing Pinterest the other day and saw the cutest idea to make a monogram out of buttons.  I thought that would be so cute hanging in Clara's room.  I have a ton of pink buttons in my scrapbooking stash, so I opted to use shades of pink on a blue patterned paper.  I laid the buttons out first to make sure I liked the way it looked.  Then I went one by one and added a dot of Tacky Glue to the back of each one.  To display, I simply put it into a 12"x12" frame that I had.  The best part?  I already had everything I needed for this project! 

To take it one step farther, I bought cardboard letters to spell the rest of her name.  I traced the letters onto scrapbook paper and cut out the paper.  Then I used spray adhesive to glue the paper to the letters.  For the letters that had holes in the middle, I used a knife to cut that part of the paper out.  To give it a more finished look, I took a nail file (for the small areas) and sandpaper (for the larger areas) to smooth the edges.

These were easy to hang with the 3M poster hanging tabs.  They're great because they won't damage your wall when you remove them.   The finished product:


No comments:

Post a Comment