Thursday, February 16, 2012

Caramel Apple Dip


I went to an all day scrapbooking event recently and volunteered to bring this dip.  I had seen it on Pinterest and it looked scrumptious!  I have a group of girls that I scrapbook with and we always have good food when we get together, so I thought this would be perfect.  It's super simple to put together and really delicious.  The topping is toffee bits, but I think you could use chopped peanuts or mini chocolate chips also.  Any of them would be yummy.  If making ahead of time, I would set it out 1-2 hours before serving so it can soften up a bit.

Caramel Apple Dip
from http://www.tastykitchen.com/

  • 16 ounces Philadelphia 1/3 Less Fat Cream Cheese, Softened
  • ½ cups Powdered Sugar
  • 16 ounces Old Fashioned Caramel Apple Dip (I Used Marzettis)
  • 1 cup Heath Bits-O-Brickle Toffee Bits
  • Apples for dipping
Combine the softened cream cheese and powdered sugar.  Spread into pan or on a plate. 

Spread caramel on top of the cream cheese mixture.  I warmed my caramel for a few seconds in the microwave first because it had been refrigerated and was pretty thick.

Sprinkle the top with toffee bits or topping of choice.






















No comments:

Post a Comment