Sunday, January 8, 2012

Double Rainbow

Last May we had a thunderstorm come through during the afternoon.  I happened to step outside to see if it was still raining and much to my surprise, from the front porch, I saw a beautiful rainbow.  When hubs came down to see it, he pointed out that it was a double rainbow.  I had never seen one before!  It was hard to get a great picture of it, but after a little tweaking in Lightroom, both rainbows are fairly visible. 

The order of colors of each rainbow are opposite one another and the sky between the two is darker than the sky on the outside.  I'm not sure why this is, but I have a feeling hubs can explain it, since he studied physics in college.  Hopefully I'll have the chance to see this interesting phenomenon again!

No comments:

Post a Comment