This is one of the first recipes I put in my Recipe Box at allrecipes.com back in 2005. I'm just now getting around to making it! I've been trying to work more fish and seafood into my diet and seafood and pasta is always a great combination. I found some E-Z Peel shrimp in the freezer section that is already deveined. It took just a moment to peel the shell off. I left the tails on because I think it looks pretty that way. It's probably more practical to pull them off before cooking, though. We all really enjoyed this, though I still can't get Clara to eat fish or shrimp. Oh well...more for me!
Angel Hair Pasta with Garlic Shrimp and Broccoli
adapted from allrecipes.com
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Melt 1.5 tablespoons butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour and cook for 2 minutes. Slowly stir in milk and cream; simmer, stirring constantly, until thickened. Stir in pesto, garlic, Parmesan cheese, 1 teaspoon salt, and Worcestershire sauce. Reduce heat to low and allow to simmer.
- Meanwhile, place broccoli in a steamer over 1 inch of boiling water, and cover. Cook until tender but still firm, about 2 to 6 minutes. Drain.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet. Saute shrimp, garlic and 1 teaspoon salt for 5 minutes, or until shrimp are pink.
- In a large bowl, toss pasta, shrimp and broccoli; pour sauce over and serve.