Saturday, July 28, 2012

Summer Fun!


Here in Missouri, we've been under an extreme heat wave and drought for over a month.  I was actually pretty excited to hear that the highs this week are *only* in the upper 90's.  For a few weeks, we had a run of 100+ degree days.  It's been hard to spend much time outdoors, what with my growing belly and all.  I don't know how people used to cope without air conditioning on days like this.  I guess I'm spoiled by it now, but I wouldn't have it any other way! 

The other evening we had some clouds move in and a nice breeze, so I took Clara out for some bubble and water play.  She loves to fill up her water table with the garden hose and throw all of her toys in there. 


Here she is, blowing bubbles all by herself.  She's pretty independent when it comes to bubble blowing but she still enjoys chasing after bubbles when I blow them.

Popping a bubble against her face.  Ouch!

Notice how brown our grass is.  We haven't bothered watering it this summer and it went dormant with the extreme heat and lack of rain.  That's okay, though...we haven't had to mow since May!


She's getting to be such a big girl!


1 comment:

  1. She is so adorable!

    I don't miss the extreme heat of Oklahoma, which is basically the same as yours. It gets pretty hot here in Houston, but at least we've had some rain.

    ReplyDelete