Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Banana Blueberry Baked Oatmeal


I had been enjoying my Apple Cranberry Baked Oatmeal recipe for several weeks when it occurred to me to try a new flavor.  I adapted the recipe to make a Banana Blueberry version and I have to say, it blew the other recipe out of the water!  They're both excellent, but this new version reminds me so much of banana bread.  I love the pop you get from the blueberries, too.  Of course, use over ripe bananas for this to get a sweeter flavor.  I think it would also be good to replace the blueberries with raisins, but I probably won't.  I love blueberries too much to do that.  Anyway, here's the recipe.  I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

Banana Blueberry Baked Oatmeal

3 c. Old Fashioned Oats
1/2 c. brown sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 c. milk
1 egg
2 mashed (very ripe) bananas
1 tsp. vanilla
12 oz. blueberries (I used frozen berries)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder and salt. Add milk, egg, bananas and vanilla and stir well. Combine with blueberries (do not thaw if using frozen berries). Place in an 8x8 baking dish and bake, covered, for one hour. Yields 6-8 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment