Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Sausage Casserole



This is one of those recipes that I've memorized because I make it so often.  Every time we have a brunch baby/wedding shower in my family, we have this casserole.  I always make it for staff meetings at work, too.  It's easy to throw together the night before and then bake the morning that you need it.  I've used turkey sausage before but my favorite is Jimmy Dean Hot sausage.  You could substitute plain hash brown potatoes if you don't like peppers and onions.

Sausage Casserole
adapted from allrecipes.com

  • 1 pound breakfast sausage
  • 2 lb. bag of frozen potatoes O'Brien, thawed
  • 8 ounces sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
  • 1 (16 ounce) container small curd cottage cheese
  • 9 large eggs


  • Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

    Brown the sausage in a large skillet over medium high heat.  Drain fat.  Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.  Place into a greased 9x13 pan.  Bake uncovered for one hour.  Let stand 5 minutes before serving.

    1 comment: